- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 03:37:57 +0000: Cancer treatment makes woman suffer other ailments, docs held guilty - Heart & Cancer
After a woman, who was treated for breast cancer, lost her 12-year-long battle due to the negligence of doctors attending to her, the hospital has been directed to pay Rs.7.50 lakh as compensation.
Ms. Sheela Srivastava, a resident of Lucknow, was …
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 03:36:54 +0000: San Luis Obispo girl diagnosed with rare kidney cancer - Heart & Cancer
Little Dorothy Ann Mishalanie slid down the big slide, delighted over a pair of crinkly leaves she found in the grass and twirled in her tie-dye dress before racing over to her mother to snack on some big juicy strawberries.
“Straw-bewees!” she said with …
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 03:31:12 +0000: Notre Dame's Denbrock transcending prostate cancer - Heart & Cancer
SOUTH BEND — All the post-surgical tests, the renewed energy, even Mike Denbrock’s ability to get worked up over an overthrown would-be TD pass all strongly suggest to Notre Dame offensive coordinator that the darkest moments are well behind him now.
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 02:46:48 +0000: Heart disease toll varies greatly among Europeans - Heart & Cancer
Photo shows Ukrainians outside Donetsk in Russia's Rostov region. Russians and Ukrainians are more prone to heart diseases than other Europeans. — Reuters picPARIS, Aug 20 — Russians and Ukrainians aged 55 to 59 die from coronary heart disease at a …
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 01:58:46 +0000: Graft Serious Disease than Cancer: PM - Heart & Cancer
CHANDIGARH: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday said corruption was a more serious disease than cancer and that he would take tough steps to eradicate it. Addressing a public meeting in Haryana’s Kaithal, Modi said, “Friends, I had spoken my heart out …
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:32:46 +0000: Huge discrepancies on heart disease in Europe - Heart & Cancer
Paris (AFP) - Russians and Ukrainians aged 55 to 59 die from coronary heart disease at a higher rate than Frenchmen who are 20 years older, a study released Wednesday of Europe's cardiovascular health showed.
Drawing on data from the World Health …
- Wed, 20 Aug 2014 00:17:30 +0000: Rates of heart disease and stroke continue to decline in Europe - Heart & Cancer
Deaths from heart disease and stroke are declining overall in Europe, but at differing rates, according to research, published online today (Wednesday) in the European Heart Journal.
The research, which provides an update for 2014 on the burden of …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 23:11:49 +0000: NSAID use can reduce breast cancer recurrence in overweight, obese women - Heart & Cancer
Overweight and obese postmenopausal breast cancer patients taking aromatase inhibitors may gain a significant benefit by adding nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to their treatment, according to a study published in the August 14 issue of …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:16:26 +0000: Health notes: October's Pink Ribbon Symposium will provide updates on preventing and treating breast cancer - Heart & Cancer
The seventh annual Pink Ribbon Symposium, at which women will be able to talk to physicians and other experts about breast cancer, will be from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, at the Thrasher-Horne Center in Orange Park.
Those attending will be able to …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:30:40 +0000: St. Ezekiel Moreno, patron of cancer patients - Heart & Cancer
-A A +A
By Carlos Legaspi Jr.
Questions that Matter
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
“O God, in St. Ezekiel Moreno, you have given us a model of fidelity to the Gospel and of a pastor according to the Sacred Heart of Your Son. Grant us, through his intercession …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:50:40 +0000: Man who faked cancer and pocketed cash meant for St Catherine’s Hospice is jailed - Heart & Cancer
A FRAUDSTER who pretended he was dying of cancer and pocketed charity money for himself has been jailed.
Paul Swann, 46, of Shakespeare Road, Preston, was sentenced for 12 weeks at Preston Magistrates’ Court for defrauding charity money intended for St …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 17:01:10 +0000: Cholesterol drug lowers heart attack risk in diabetic women - Heart & Cancer
Sydney: Australian researchers have found that a cholesterol-lowering drug can lower cardiovascular disease risks by 30 percent in women with type-2 diabetes.
The five-year study of nearly 10,000 people with type-2 diabetes also assessed the drug …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:33:41 +0000: Cancer - the big IT - Heart & Cancer
The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust is revamping its IT infrastructure and implementing a new electronic patient record system as it prepares to open a £118m specialist centre in the heart of Liverpool. EHI reporter Sam Sachdeva visited …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:33:53 +0000: Narendra Modi: Corruption is more serious disease than cancer - Heart & Cancer
Kaithal (Haryana): Prime Minister Narendra Modi today responded to the criticism that he failed to say anything on corruption during his independence Day speech.
Addressing a public meeting in Kaithal of Haryana, Modi said that Corruption is more serious …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:20:08 +0000: NGOs call for debate on how to put science at the heart of EU politics - Heart & Cancer
Scientific advice should be transparent, objective and independent, and there should be more science and more diverse expertise available to the European Commission’s President, a coalition of 25 international and national NGOs, including The Action for …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:50:09 +0000: Conquered 5k to raise more than £1,600 for Cancer Research UK - Heart & Cancer
Slimmers and their supporters raised more than £1,600 at a 5k event in Donington to help fight cancer.
The cash will be donated by Slimming World to Cancer Research UK, the world’s leading cancer research charity dedicated to saving lives through research …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 06:48:52 +0000: Coventry cancer tot's plight sparks big response - Heart & Cancer
A tot's desperate search for a perfect donor has sparked a huge surge in registrations with a cancer charity.
Little Khalid Adam, of Coventry, needs a bone marrow transplant to help him beat a rare form of blood cancer.
But the 20-month-old who lives …
- Tue, 19 Aug 2014 01:44:42 +0000: How much does your doctor drink? The surgeon who enjoys wine every night. The cancer nurse who has four glasses of red in an evening. And the heart expert who even prescribes booze to patients - Heart & Cancer
Public Health England may recommend we avoid drinking two days in a row
The All-Party Parliamentary Group for Alcohol Misuse: Drinks need warnings
To sort through the muddle, we asked health experts about their own views
Lucy Elkins For The Daily Mail
- Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:31:40 +0000: Cholesterol drug cuts heart and stroke risks by 30 percent in diabetic women: Study - Heart & Cancer
PUBLIC RELEASE DATE: 18-Aug-2014
Contact: Dan Gafney
University of Sydney
The cholesterol-lowering drug fenofibrate cuts cardiovascular disease risks by 30 per cent in women with type-2 …
- Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:30:12 +0000: At 20 She Had an Abortion, Now She’s Been Diagnosed With Breast Cancer - Heart & Cancer
To anyone who is pregnant, young or older and not sure what to do, I urge you and beg you to read my true story. Maybe you’re not pregnant and just reading this. Feel free to pass this on either way. When I was 20 years old, I became pregnant and like …