Latest Health News
- Wed, 27 Jul 2016 01:22:36 +0000: Police arrest man who charged $1,200 per bottle for what he said was a cancer - Heart & Cancer
(c) 2016, The Washington Post.
Though a low-slung medical office building in Manassas City, Virginia, may seem like an unlikely place to find a cure for cancer, that’s where Peter Adeniji was offering his miracles, police say. For only $1,200 a bottle, …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:19:53 +0000: Drinking Alcohol Linked to 7 Types of Cancer - Heart & Cancer
WebMD Health News
July 22, 2016 -- A new analysis finds compelling evidence that drinking alcohol can cause at least seven types of cancer.
It found that heavy drinkers are at the highest risk, but even low to moderate drinkers are more …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 20:04:43 +0000: Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian assistant baseball coach Jay Bufton loses battle to cancer - Heart & Cancer
NorthPointe Christian baseball coach Phil Niekerk always had a question for Jay Bufton whenever he visited his assistant coach this spring.
Mr. Bufton was diagnosed with cancer soon after the team returned from a spring training trip to Myrtle Beach in …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:55:07 +0000: TV psychic Miss Cleo dead at 53 after battle with cancer,... - Heart & Cancer
Youree Dell Harris known as 'Miss Cleo,' a well known psychic arrives with her attorney William Cone Jr., background, for a deposition by the attorney general's office Wednesday June 26, 2002 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. less
Youree Dell Harris …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 18:22:17 +0000: The Nanotechnology Startup Challenge in Cancer Announces 10... - Heart & Cancer
Winning teams will move forward to the third and final phase of the challenge - the Startup Phase. In this phase, the winning teams will form their startups to advance cancer nanotechnology inventions.
Bethesda, Maryland (PRWEB) July 26, 2016
Ten winners …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:17:16 +0000: First Cancer Patient in Ohio Receives Proton Therapy Treatment - Heart & Cancer
Mevion Medical Systems
Posted on: 26 Jul 16
Medical Systems, the leader in compact proton therapy, is announcing
that University Hospitals (UH) in Cleveland used the industry-leading
MEVION S250 proton therapy system to treat its first patient, a
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:42:51 +0000: Expert reveals link between wearing high heels and cancer - Heart & Cancer
When it comes to high heels, it probably isn't a huge shock to hear that wearing them on the reg isn't too good for you. We have the ankle bandages to prove it.
But now it seems that your stilettos could be more dangerous than first thought, …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:28:38 +0000: Pneumonia vs. lung cancer: Causes, symptoms, risk factors, and complications - Heart & Cancer
Home » Cancer » Pneumonia vs. lung cancer: Causes, symptoms, risk factors, and complications
By: Dr. Victor Marchione | Cancer | Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 04:30 PM
Pneumonia and lung cancer both affect the lungs, but while the former is easily treatable …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 14:27:49 +0000: Colon cancer recurrence associated with diabetes, high blood pressure: Study - Heart & Cancer
Home » Heart Health » Blood Pressure » Colon cancer recurrence associated with diabetes, high blood pressure: Study
By: Mohan Garikiparithi | Blood Pressure | Monday, July 25, 2016 - 01:30 PM
Colon cancer recurrence is associated with diabetes and high …
- Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:33:19 +0000: Yum! Fatty foods are GOOD for you — certain kinds can reduce your risk of breast cancer, diabetes and heart attack - Heart & Cancer
Go ahead and eat all the fat you want — it may even save your life.
But there’s a catch: You can’t bury yourself in bacon just yet, because the fats we’re talking about here aren’t the delicious sizzling variety found in fries and burgers dripping in …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 23:25:48 +0000: Novel statistical method captures long-term health burden of pediatric cancer cures - Heart & Cancer
Senior author Leslie Robison, Ph.D., chair of the St. Jude Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control, with first and corresponding author Nickhill Bhakta, M.D., a St. Jude hematology-oncology fellow. Credit: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital / …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 22:01:48 +0000: Time to bin your high heels? Expert reveals how wearing stilettos every day could lead to cancer - Heart & Cancer
For decades, women have been warned about the damage high heels can cause to the feet and joints. But it seems there may be even more reasons to ditch the stilettos.
Last week, Helen Sewell, a communication coach, told MPs high heels are costing British …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 18:43:11 +0000: Whole grains cut risk of heart attack - study - Heart & Cancer
July 25, 2016 (foodconsumer.org) -- Eating a lot of whole grains may reduce your risk of myocardial infarction, according to a research report published recently in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
The study led by Anne Helnæs at Danish …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 16:36:00 +0000: Cancer survivor set to tackle Ironman Canada event - Heart & Cancer
Just seven days after graduating high school in Farmington, Me., Yarmouth native Adam Deveau received a medical diagnosis that turned his world upside down.
The standout cross country runner was told he had cancer. He was diagnosed with acute myeloid …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 13:12:16 +0000: Does disabled teenager Georgia have Merseyside's kindest heart? - Heart & Cancer
A Wirral teenager with a rare type of muscular dystrophy has devoted herself to helping others and raised thousands of pounds for charity. Georgia Gibbons, 15, from Birkenhead, was diagnosed with nemaline myopathy – which causes muscle weakness throughout …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 12:06:45 +0000: Cancer: Why extra GP visits triggered by the Be Clear on Cancer campaign are worth it - Heart & Cancer
The latest Be Clear on Cancer campaign will push some patients through GP practices' doors at a time when services are already stretched. But the campaign can be a springboard for longer-term improvements that help detect cancer early, argue …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:30:26 +0000: Misery Street: Volunteers comfort those struggling in heart of Madison - Heart & Cancer
On this night, Tami Fleming and Lindsey Prazak will comfort the haggard homeless of State Street.
They hear and see it all — stories of housing denied, hideous crime, mental illness, drinking and drugs, suffering. They listen. Offer sustenance. Intervene. …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 10:32:10 +0000: Relax, moms — IVF doesn’t increase risk of breast cancer - Heart & Cancer
One less thing to worry about, moms and moms-to-be: Undergoing in vitro fertilization won’t give you breast cancer.
Many women have worried that pumping themselves with extra hormones before IVF treatments to stimulate their ovaries has put them at risk …
- Mon, 25 Jul 2016 06:13:13 +0000: A glass a day may not reduce heart disease risk, but it can give you cancer - Heart & Cancer
Last updated 17:02, July 25 2016
A review of the evidence shows even a glass or two of wine a day can be harmful to long-term health.
Government advice suggesting possible health benefits of alcohol was "outrageous" says an …
- Sun, 24 Jul 2016 16:14:15 +0000: High-fat Mediterranean diet may lower diabetes, cancer risk - Heart & Cancer
By: PTI | Washington |
Updated: July 24, 2016 8:59 pm
Add olive oil and veggies in your diet for good health (Source: Pixabay)
A Mediterranean diet that is rich in “healthy” fats such as fatty fish, eggs, olive oil and nuts may lower your risk of …