- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 23:54:13 +0000: Numerous foods and behaviors reduce cancer risk - Heart & Cancer
Can you prevent cancer by simple behavior modification and adding cancer fighting foods to your diet? Yes, it's been proven possible. Good nutrition will prevent many illnesses. Cancer is no exception. Our current environment, lifestyle and diet cause …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 23:23:51 +0000: After surviving throat cancer, man donates oceanside home to cancer foundation - Heart & Cancer
Diane and Bob Conconi donated their property on Pender Island, B.C., to the B.C. Cancer Foundation to raise money for cancer research.
When Bob Conconi discovered he had throat cancer, the very cancer that his father had died from three decades earlier, …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 23:19:49 +0000: Review: 'Wish I Was Here' is full of heart and humor - Heart & Cancer
You've probably heard all about Zach Braff's attempts to get his sophomore directorial effort off the ground. After the success Rob Thomas and company had raising partial funds for the "Veronica Mars" movie on Kickstarter, Braff took to …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 20:10:34 +0000: ICMR Confirms Cancer As Second Largest Prevalent Disease in India - Heart & Cancer
New Delhi (ABC Live):The deadly disease Cancer is expanding its feet at very fast pace in India bypassing one times Tuberculosis, as per the latest information by Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) the number (estimated) of Cancer patients ( …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 18:57:12 +0000: Taking the guesswork out of cancer therapy - Heart & Cancer
Researchers and doctors at the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (IBN), Singapore General Hospital (SGH) and National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) have co-developed the first molecular test kit that can predict treatment and survival …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 17:02:35 +0000: Research Roundup: Expensive Cancer Therapies; Missed Hospital Handovers; Children's Mental Health Needs - Heart & Cancer
Each week, KHN compiles a selection of recently released health policy studies and briefs.
Health Affairs: Site-Neutral Payments
Medicare uses more than a dozen different payment systems to set payment rates for the medical items and services the program …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:11:34 +0000: 'My heart transplant won't keep me off the scariest Disney rides': Top tips for the best travel insurance deals - Heart & Cancer
Sally Hamilton, Financial Mail On Sunday
17:01 EST, 15 February 2014
06:58 EST, 17 February 2014
Travel bookings will reach their annual peak over the next few weeks as we look forward to an escape from the winter blues and …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 16:07:30 +0000: The Overwhelmed Heart - A Devotion - Heart & Cancer
Psalm 61:1-3 (NLT)
O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer! From the ends of the earth, I cry to you for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety, for you are my safe refuge, a fortress where my enemies cannot reach me.
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 12:04:10 +0000: Support the key for cancer survivor - Heart & Cancer
By Jensen, Randy on August 1, 2014.
FOR THE HERALD
“Together you can conquer anything” is a message that cancer survivor Tatiana Reizvich wants to share with the world.
For Reizvich, who is in remission after being diagnosed on Feb. 4, …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:54:56 +0000: Cancer survivor, author takes over as principal at Union Christian - Heart & Cancer
Amy Hanley is no stranger to challenges.
After all, the home-schooling mother of four faced her biggest challenge four years ago when she was diagnosed with Stage 3 colorectal cancer while carrying her fourth child, son Joshua.
Hanley was featured in a …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 11:42:38 +0000: Beware type of cancer, reader warns - Heart & Cancer
Dear Annie: I am writing in the hope that my situation will help other women. A year ago, I started experiencing irregular monthly cycles that would last for 20 days at a time. I also had extreme pain and a rapid heart rate. I was told, “You are going …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 07:43:57 +0000: WHO Pledges Support to Help Kenya Host Stop Cancer Conference, 2015 - Heart & Cancer
First Lady Margaret Kenyatta today met and held talks with Head of World Health Organisation (WHO) Reproductive Health and Research Prof. Marleen Timmerman who paid her a courtesy call at State House, Nairobi.
During the meeting, the First Lady and Prof. …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 07:03:18 +0000: Cancer is hard enough - and then data theft, too? - Heart & Cancer
By Kerry Dougherty
© August 1, 2014 Cancer.
It's a word that makes people tremble. Even when a case is curable, the stress on patients is indescribable.
We all know that. Everyone has been touched.
Preying on people with cancer is …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 06:13:16 +0000: Mother’s bow-tique for children with cancer - Heart & Cancer
A mother has gone worldwide with her business making children’s headpieces to raise money for a charity close to her heart.
Maria Dorey, 30, a mother-of-three from Burgess Hill , has set up a business named after her 16-month-old daughter Shyla-Rose with …
- Fri, 01 Aug 2014 01:50:06 +0000: 'No one is too young, no one is too fit': At 23, Bald Ballerina fights advanced breast cancer - Heart & Cancer
8 hours ago
Paolo Galli / Paolo Galli
Maggie Kudirka performing the role of Nikiya from the ballet La Bayadere.
A dancer since the age of 4, Maggie Kudirka knows the grit, discipline and focus required to …
- Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:16:34 +0000: UK to Become World Number One in DNA Testing with Plan to Revolutionise Fight Against Cancer and Rare Diseases - Heart & Cancer
UK to Become World Number One in DNA Testing with Plan to
Revolutionise Fight Against Cancer and Rare Diseases
The UK is set to become the world leader in ground-breaking genetic
research into cancer and rare diseases, which will transform how
- Thu, 31 Jul 2014 23:13:30 +0000: Mother discovers she has cancer after hugging son - Heart & Cancer
Seven-year-old Josh’s own battle with cancer has inspired Michaela to overcome hers (Picture: North News)
A Hartlepool mother who felt a jolt of pain when her seven-year-old gave her a cuddle was shocked to discover that she had breast cancer.
- Thu, 31 Jul 2014 21:24:13 +0000: Emmys 2014: Alfred Molina on Humanizing a Homophobe in ‘The Normal Heart’ - Heart & Cancer
Photo Source: Nels Isrealson
On the night Alfred Molina went to see “The Normal Heart” in London’s West End in 1986, former president Ronald Reagan had just ordered the bombing of Libya, launching American planes from English airbases. It put the U.K. at …
- Thu, 31 Jul 2014 20:13:10 +0000: Mother discovers breast cancer lump after son gave her a hug - Heart & Cancer
Michaela Dawson was diagnosed with breast cancer in June
Her son Josh sat on to her lap for a cuddle causing her severe chest pain
The 47-year-old detected a lump, later diagnosed as cancer by doctors
She said were it not for the cuddle, the disease may …
- Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:18:30 +0000: Signed with a Heart Cancer Patient Grateful to Community - Heart & Cancer
BURTON — Nearly 100 caring individuals, including Mayor Paula Zelenko attended The Janet Brown Cancer Memorial Fundraiser at Bubba O’Malley’s on June 29.
“Thank you to everyone who partook in the event. The whole day was perfect, memorable, and priceless. …