- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 16:25:53 +0000: Low carb ketogenic and Paleo diets cream low-fat for weight loss, heart health - Heart & Cancer
Low carbohydrate, high-fat diets such as the Paleo, ketogenic and Atkins plans are significantly more effective for weight loss and preventing heart disease than low-fat diets, according to a new study published Sept. 2 in the Annals of Internal Medicine. …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 14:27:02 +0000: Schiffler Cancer Center adds hematologist - Heart & Cancer
WHEELING, W.VA. Hematologist/oncologist Dr. Nishant Tageja, who trained at the National Cancer Institute (NCI), has joined the staff at Wheeling Hospital's Schiffler Cancer Center.
"Dr. Tageja is an outstanding oncologist who was trained by …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:05:49 +0000: The Cancer Center At The Children's Hospital Of Philadelphia Kicks Off September's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month - Heart & Cancer
PHILADELPHIA, Sept. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Cancer Center at The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia kicks off September's Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in partnership with childhood cancer patients and survivors, their families and the …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:50:50 +0000: Steroids raise cancer risk in TB-associated HIV - Heart & Cancer
The addition of steroids to tuberculosis (TB) therapy can offer anti-inflammatory benefit to patients with tuberculous pericarditis, a rare cardiac manifestation of TB.
But when these patients are co-infected with HIV this drug combination could increase …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 11:45:03 +0000: Finding the right approach to screening and treatment for prostate cancer - Heart & Cancer
Published: Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Friday, August 29, 2014 at 10:18 a.m.
Tune into National Football League games during October, and you will find players wearing gloves or cleats with pink trim to mark Breast Cancer …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:57:01 +0000: CONFIRM-HF study demonstrates that Injectafer(r) (Ferinject(r)) improves exercise capacity in patients with chronic heart failure - Heart & Cancer
Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:52am EDT
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
Glattbrugg, Switzerland, Sept. 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The CONFIRM-HF study was designed to compare the efficacy and safety of iron therapy with Injectafer® …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 10:34:38 +0000: Aspirin could cut cancer risk - Heart & Cancer
Research suggests that a daily pill for the middle-aged could save thousands of lives.
AN aspirin a day could dramatically cut people’s chances of getting and dying from common cancers, according to the most detailed review yet of the cheap drug’s ability …
- Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:18:29 +0000: Super-fit McBusted star Harry Judd speaks out about the importance of heart health after being diagnosed with an irregular beat during marathon training - Heart & Cancer
Harry Judd was diagnosed with an ectopic heart beat last April
Two weeks before the London Marathon the drummer noticed a 'flutter'
At wife Izzy's behest, he visited a heart specialist who diagnosed the condition which causes a sufferer to …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:48:44 +0000: When will they find a cancer cure, doc? - Heart & Cancer
She was 49 years old, a mother of two. Our one and only conversation, on the first day we met, went something like this:
“Doctor, tell me honestly, will I make it to Christmas?”
It was early June. She had presented with spinal cord compression leading to …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 22:04:37 +0000: Announces Results from the COMET-1 Phase 3 Pivotal Trial of Cabozantinib in Men with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer - Heart & Cancer
Conference Call on Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 8:30 a.m. EDT
Exelixis, Inc. (NASDAQ:EXEL) today announced top-line results from the
final analysis of COMET-1, the phase 3 pivotal trial of cabozantinib in
men with metastatic castration-resistant prostate …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 21:18:31 +0000: Robbie Savage makes young cancer patient's dream come true with spin in Ferrari - Heart & Cancer
Football pundit Robbie Savage made six-year-old cancer patient Eddy Parry’s dreams come true - by taking him for a spin in a Ferrari.
Brave Eddy’s two passions are football and fast cars, so Match of the Day expert and Mirror columnist …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 19:45:29 +0000: Hartlepool Power Station worker overcomes major heart surgery to complete epic cycle ride - Heart & Cancer
A POWER station worker who underwent major heart surgery has completed an epic charity cycle ride with colleagues.
Bryan O’Donoghue, 42, John Wood, 33, and Aaron Dormer, 26, a team of Hartlepool Power Station engineers, took on a mammoth Coast to Coast …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 17:08:24 +0000: Pricing is key for new heart drugs challenging cheap generics - Heart & Cancer
BARCELONA (Reuters) - Doctors looking at highly encouraging clinical trial results for new heart drugs at the world's largest cardiology meeting this week are missing one piece of data that will be critical to their success - the price.
While new …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 16:44:24 +0000: Europe: heart disease, stroke declining, but more people in hospital - Heart & Cancer
Rates of heart disease and stroke are continuing to decline in Europe, but more people are being hospitalised with the conditions, new research shows.
Overall, cardiovascular disease (CVD) continues to be the single greatest cause of death in Europe, …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 15:00:15 +0000: Children's cancer death rates drop by more than 20 per cent in 10 years - Heart & Cancer
The rate of children dying from cancer has dropped by 22 per cent in the last decade, according to new figures published by Cancer Research UK at the start of Children's Cancer Awareness Month.
A decade ago around 330 children in the UK died from …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 14:12:02 +0000: Ten heart healthy tips for back to school - Heart & Cancer
It is back-to-school time and students are preparing their backpacks and already taking part in extra-curricular activities.
To help parents and students live heart-healthier lives in the new school year, Houston Area Cadillac and the American Heart …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:27:26 +0000: Cheryl Sheard: Calls for Welsh cancer drugs fund sparked in part by case of terminally ill mum - Heart & Cancer
Pressure is building on the Welsh Government to create a “cancer drugs fund” – sparked in part by a terminally ill mum’s battle to get treatment which could prolong her life.
Cheryl Sheard, of Dyserth, is desperately trying to access a £24,000 course of …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:13:55 +0000: Mum takes steps to tackle cancer - Heart & Cancer
A BRAVE cancer patient and her family are launching a major fundraising drive after adding a new 5K to the Capital’s running calendar.
Mum-of-two Dorothy Bissett, who was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008, is behind the challenge, which takes place in …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 11:45:07 +0000: Nik Kershaw concert to raise cash for breast cancer research - Heart & Cancer
A CONCERT by singer and 80s icon Nik Kershaw this month will raise cash for the The Princess Alexandra breast cancer clinical trials fund.
The good cause is especially close to the Felsted resident's heart - wife Sarah and her friend …
- Mon, 01 Sep 2014 09:54:01 +0000: Lakeland Teen Loses Battle With Cancer While Working on Project to Help Others - Heart & Cancer
Published: Sunday, August 31, 2014 at 7:46 p.m.
Last Modified: Monday, September 1, 2014 at 3:06 a.m.
LAKELAND | Ivan Brooks II always had a positive attitude and tried to help those around him, even as the 15-year-old quietly began chemotherapy for …